- Mon, Jan 22, 2018
- 9:00 AM
- Sourced by
Added Jan 13 2018
The Product Bootcamp is a two-day workshop created to provide product managers, engineers, and UX professionals with the tools for delivering successful products. In just two days, attendees will come away with a proven approach for product discovery, visioning, planning, and prioritization.
Day 1: Demystifying the Product Discovery Process
Are you struggling to get all stakeholders aligned on the most pressing business and user requirements? Do you know what your users really want in a product? Are your product concepts solving a big enough problem for users?
In Day 1 of the Product Bootcamp, we will unpack the essential steps for adopting Product Discovery techniques into your development process, including how to:
* Collect business requirementsfrom the people who matter within the organization and getting everyone aligned on the most pressing needs.
* Conduct interviews with users in their environment. Youll see how to observe critical details about your users that just isnt possible with other techniques.
* Develop personas in just one day. We'll walk you through a proven and easy-to-learn method for developing personas to inform product decisions. You'll learn how to build the personas and scenarios and communicate them to your key stakeholders.
* Evaluate, and iterate on your early-stage product concepts with low fidelity prototyping techniques.
Day 2: Product Visioning and Prioritization
Do you need to set a direction for product priorities and roadmap decisions? Is your team looking for new product concepts to capture a new market? Do you need to establish a long-term Experience Vision for how users will interact with your products and services?
Your team will learn how to collaboratively map out a cohesive product vision that will guide the Product and UX teams decisions and priorities.
We will walk you through each step of the product visioning process, from planning and research to creating concrete deliverables. You will learn how to:
* Establish a product roadmapor list of quarterly product opportunities that your organization will rally behind.
* Map out a unified, long term vision for your product that aligns with business and user needs.
* Iterate rapidly on product concepts using elements of the design studio methodology.
* Create an Experience Brief to outline your product requirements
* Iterate rapidly using familiar elements of the design studio methodology
* Identify the best product opportunities using collaborative, consensus-building methods, including the Weighted Roadmap Matrix and the KJ Technique.
* Prioritize and rank product opportunities based on business value, user value, and the degree of effort required to achieve them
After attending this workshop, your team will come away equipped to prioritize product opportunities that align with your organizations long-term strategy.
Instructor: Christine Perfetti, Founder, Perfetti Media
For eight years, Christine worked as Head of Product atUser Interface Engineering, a leading Product and User Experience think tank.Christine also built and managed User Experience teams at two of Boston's top technology companies,CarboniteandAcquia.
For more than two decades, Christine Perfetti has been teaching teams how to gather insights from users to inform product decisions. Highlights include:
* Author of the OReilly Video Training,User Research Fundamentals for Product Teamsand UIE Virtual Seminar,A User-Centered Approach to Product Planning and Visioning.
* Featured presenter atHarvard Business Schools Startup Bootcamp.
* Speaker at dozens of industry leading conferences, including Webstock New Zealand, Lean UX NYC, the IA Summit, the Confab Content Strategy Conference, and the User Interface Conference.
* Past clients include: Blue Jeans Network, Datto, Localytics, The Neat Company, Penn Medicine, Terminix, Udemy, Web Ex, and WeSpire.
About the Event Organizer
Perfetti Media is a Boston-based consulting and training firm that helps teams deliver best-in-class products. Through in-depth research and years of in-house experience, weve identified tools and techniques that consistently help organizations succeed.