- Thu, Jun 21, 2018
- 5:00 PM
- Sourced by
Added Jun 12 2018
This is a registration page for Bridge Alliance members only. Thanks to generous support from the National Conference on Citizenship, each Bridge Alliance member is entitled to one free ticket to Frontiers of Democracy 2018. To purchase additional tickets for your organization, please use this page.
If you are not a Bridge Alliance member,please usethe main registration page.
We ask you to use your free ticket to send a representative who may not otherwise be able to attend Frontiers. We value diversity of demographics, beliefs, and experiences. Please use this ticket to help expand those forms of diversity.
Backround: Frontiers of Democracy is an annual conference hosted by the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life at Tufts University. The event is organized in collaboration with several partners, which will include the International Center on Nonviolent Conflict in 2018. It draws 140 activists, leaders, and scholars for two days of interaction.
According to the organization Freedom House, democracy has been in retreat worldwide for eleven straight years. Many people are pushing back, including activists and organizers who are nonviolently struggling using tactics like strikes, boycotts, and mass demonstrations against entrenched power holders. Other engaged individuals and groups take different approaches, including seeking a greater degree of neutrality and emphasizing deliberative dialogue, particularly when they work within institutions such as schools, public agencies, and newspapers. This year, Frontiers will bring people from these communities of scholarship and practice together to ask how they can learn from and complement each another.
* Tickets to the Frontiers of Democracy conference will be available through June 8, 2018, at 8PM.
* If you need to cancel, please do so before June 8, 2018. Holding a free ticket and failing to appear uses up a limited space that could be made available to somone else.
* You are responsible for you own lodging and transportation.
* 145 Harrison Ave., Boston MA 02111 can be used as a point of reference when looking for lodging.
* Thursday, June 21, there will be an evening reception starting at 5PM.
* Friday, June 22, breakfast and lunch will be offered.
* Saturday, June 23, breakfast will be offered.
* Check back for the full agenda, session descriptions and list of speakers This informaiton will be posted as the conference develops.
* We look forward to seeing you there!